[gmx-users] Insertion protein in the membrane via G_membed

James Starlight jmsstarlight at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 08:39:42 CEST 2012

by the way I've forced with problems during insertion of the complex
protein_ligand into membrane by means of g_membed

firstly I've created index.ndx file with the merged protein_ligand group.
Than I've used next mdp for my g_membed input

integrator     = md
energygrps      = Protein ADN
freezegrps     = Protein ADN
freezedim      = Y Y Y
energygrp_table
energygrp_excl = Protein Protein

here ADN is the ligand

than I've tried to generate input file for g_membed where I've selected my
protein_ligand group to be inserted into membrane but I've obtained this
eror althought protein_ligand group were presented in the list of aviable
groups for insertion

Fatal error:
Group Protein_ADN not found in indexfile.
Maybe you have non-default groups in your mdp file, while not using the
'-n' option of grompp.
In that case use the '-n' option.

Finally If I've tried to insert kust protein intoi membrane than G_membed
delete my ligand during insertion

Will remove 0 Protein molecules
Will remove 1 ADN molecules
Will remove 10 POP molecules
Will remove 41 SOL molecules

How I could fix this problem and obtain whole protein_ligand system
inserted in the membrane ?

James