[gmx-users] Insertion protein in the membrane via G_membed

James Starlight jmsstarlight at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 09:08:54 CEST 2012

Mark,

I've made changes in the input mdp file

integrator     = md
energygrps      = Protein_ADN
freezegrps     = Protein_ADN
freezedim      = Y Y Y
energygrp_table
energygrp_excl = Protein_ADN Protein_ADN

here Protein_ADN is the protein_ligand defined in the index.mdp

than I've processed by grompp without problems

but during insertion step by follow command
g_membed -f input.tpr -p topol.top -n index.ndx -xyinit 0.1 -xyend 1.0 -nxy
1000

here I choose Protein_ADN as the group to be inserted and POP as the group
wich are membrane. Eventually I've obtained another strange error

Moleculetype POP is found both in the group to insert and the rest of the
system.
Because we need to exclude all interactions between the atoms in the group
insert, the same moleculetype can not be used in both groups. Change the
moleculetype of the molecules POP in the inserted group.

I've checked my index.ndx and didt not find POP group in my first
Protein_ADN group. Why this error should be ?