[gmx-users] umbrella sampling with distances larger than half box size

lloyd riggs lloyd.riggs at gmx.ch
Sun Jun 24 15:10:16 CEST 2012

I would wait for others to answere but,

a) you might try orienting your circular DNA in a visual program first and then use say just pull nny or something just as it makes it easier to see output and makes restraints nicer in output,

b) the pull k1 might be larger for an effect on macromolecules, ie in some protein work its around 2000-3000 but I have also seen some with 1000, however these are 300-1000 aminos or larger proteins so do not know how it would translate to DNA

c) Just increase your deminsions in 1 direction from the pull defined in a) or your origional vector

Aside,  Like I said Im a novice so others might have more usefull information.

Stephan Watkins

-------- Original-Nachricht --------