[gmx-users] H-atoms in .hdb file

Shima Arasteh shima_arasteh2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 16:44:35 CEST 2012

Thanks for you reply.
As I explained befor, I need to add a formyl residue to the gmx.ff . I defined it in aminoacid.rtp file and aminoacid.n.tdb .

In .rtp file:

 [ atoms ]
     C   CH1      0.380  0
     O     O     -0.380  0
 [ bonds ]
     C      O
     C     +N
  [angles ]
  ai    aj    ak
  O     C     +N
 [ dihedrals ]
 O    C   +N   +CA

In .n.hdb file:

 [ replace ]
     C   CH1      0.380  0
     O     O     -0.380  0
 [ bonds ]
     C      O
     C     +N

The first residue after formyl is VAL. I know when VAL is added to FOR, a peptide bond is formed and 1 H-atom is added to the N-atom in this bonding, this H-atom is already defined in .hdb file.
In my case, an error ( missing H on VAL residue) is occured, thus I decieded to add the H by hand in pdb file.

Any suggestion please?

Thanks so much.

Sincerely,
Shima