[gmx-users] H-atoms in .hdb file

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Jun 26 16:47:46 CEST 2012

On 6/26/12 10:44 AM, Shima Arasteh wrote:

> Thanks for you reply.
> As I explained befor, I need to add a formyl residue to the gmx.ff . I defined it in aminoacid.rtp file and aminoacid.n.tdb .
>
> In .rtp file:
>
>   [ atoms ]
>       C   CH1      0.380  0
>       O     O     -0.380  0
>   [ bonds ]
>       C      O
>       C     +N
>    [angles ]
>    ai    aj    ak
>    O     C     +N
>   [ dihedrals ]
>   O    C   +N   +CA
>
> In .n.hdb file:
>
>   [ replace ]
>       C   CH1      0.380  0
>       O     O     -0.380  0
>   [ bonds ]
>       C      O
>       C     +N

These are the contents of a .n.tdb file, as .n.hdb files do not exist.  You also
do not need such modifications.  If you have the formyl group in the .rtp file,
and it is appropriately defined as "Protein" in residuetypes.dat, then all you
need to do is choose "None" for the N-terminus of the protein.

> The first residue after formyl is VAL. I know when VAL is added to FOR, a peptide bond is formed and 1 H-atom is added to the N-atom in this bonding, this H-atom is already defined in .hdb file.
> In my case, an error ( missing H on VAL residue) is occured, thus I decieded to add the H by hand in pdb file.

The error probably comes from an incorrect assignment of terminus state.

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080