[gmx-users] error using grompp: number of coordinates in coordinate file does not match topology

reisingere at rostlab.informatik.tu-muenchen.de reisingere at rostlab.informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Wed Jun 27 10:31:44 CEST 2012

Hi everybody,
I am going through the tutorial for membrane protein simulation which is
offered by gromacs.
I did everything just like it is described in the tutorial but when I want
to do the minimization in Step 3 after packing the lipids around the
protein I always get the error the
"number of coordinates in coordinate file (system_inflated.gro, 9900)
             does not match topology (topol.top, 3800)"
I understand why it is like that because I just append the membrane to the
protein file but how can I also change the topology file?

http://www.bevanlab.biochem.vt.edu/Pages/Personal/justin/gmx-tutorials/membrane_protein/03_solvate.html

Bests, Eva