[gmx-users] Free energy between residues

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Jun 28 13:19:14 CEST 2012

On 6/28/12 6:51 AM, Steven Neumann wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 11:42 AM, Justin A. Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:

>>> I work in UK, London. Why are you asking?

>>> I think I will just need a potential energy between those residues (LR
>>> and Coulombic) and then can get the effective potential
>>> Ueff=-kTln<e(-BU)
>>> and then g_dist.
>>>

>> If you are using PME, there is no trivial way to decompose the reciprocal
>> space term.
>>
>> -Justin
>
> But if I will get the effective potential with respect to the distance
> I can adjust non bonded parameters to this curve in coarse grained
> model. Am I right?

Honestly, I have no idea on what intend to adjust.  Certainly you can tweak
things in any way you like, but that doesn't mean the answer makes sense or that
what you've done is justifiable.  To me, umbrella sampling seems far more
straightforward.

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080