[gmx-users] dihedral distributions

Juliette N. joojoojooon at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 02:42:06 CET 2012

Hi all,

I used the following line to obtain index file of RB dihedral quadrupltes:

mk_angndx -s *.tpr -n *-RB -type ryckaert-bellemans

The resulting index file contains two groups

[ RB-A1=1.88 ]

[ RB-A1=-1.46 ]

1- Can anyone tell me please what these groups refer to? I am not able to
find the answer in the manual.

Then using g_angle -of  option  I compute dihedral fractions separately for
each group. (figures attached)

g_angle -f *.trr    -n *-RB.ndx      -of    *_md-of-1.88   -b

2- The first peak of the first plot is not symmetrical as others although I
collected data in the last 1 ns of a 20 ns simulation. does this mean the
polymer chain has not equilibrated? this behavior is observed in the first
few nanoseconds too.

3- I dont see why there are 3 peaks in the first group and 2 peaks in the [
RB-A1=-1.46 ] one?

Appreciate greatly your help,
Regards,