[gmx-users] Re: Re: mdrun -multi flag (Mark Abraham)

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Mar 2 16:40:28 CET 2012

bo.shuang wrote:
> Hi, Mark,
>
> Thank you for help. It works. But now I have new fatal error:
>
> Fatal error:
> The number of nodes (1) is not a multiple of the number of simulations (2)
>
> MPI_ABORT was invoked on rank 0 in communicator MPI_COMM_WORLD
> with errorcode -1.
>
> NOTE: invoking MPI_ABORT causes Open MPI to kill all MPI processes.
> You may or may not see output from other processes, depending on
> exactly when Open MPI kills them.
>

> What does it mean about nodes? Thank you!

Running multiple simulations requires multiple processors.  For 2 simulations,
you need at least 2 processors (one for each simulation).  More can be used, but
it must be a multiple of the number of simulations, as the error message indicates.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee