[gmx-users] How to answer in this mailing list?

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Mon Mar 5 13:47:32 CET 2012

On 5/03/2012 11:39 PM, Lara Bunte wrote:
> Hello
>
> I wrote an email to the mailing list with the subject [ bondedtypes ] and I got answers that helped me. I wanted to answer to this by a new email with same subject and the mailing list create a new question out of it.
>
> How do I answer in this mailing list to a topic?

Choosing "reply" in your email client is the normal way. The fact that
this is a mailing list and not a "normal" email exchange should be
transparent to you....

... unless one has chosen to receive digests. In that case the normal
procedure seems to be to just reply anyway and leave one's readers to
work out the subject about which one is talking, rather than editing the
subject and removing the extraneous material that confuses search tools :-P