[gmx-users] em.mdp file

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Mar 5 18:54:28 CET 2012

Justin A. Lemkul wrote:

> Lara Bunte wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> Is this em.mdp file correct for a simple MD simulation?
>>
>> integrator = steep
>>
>> nsteps = 200
>>
>> nstlist = 10
>
> You should set nstlist=1 for energy minimization (which is not, by
> definition, MD).

Hit "send" too soon...

You have also specified 200 steps.  This seems arbitrary to me, as there is no
guarantee that EM will be done at that point.  You also need to specify a value
for emtol and emstep to be more effective.

There are tutorials linked from the Gromacs webpage.  I'd suggest you work
through at least one or two of them to understand what the .mdp files are trying
to achieve and what a proper workflow might be.

-Justin

>> rlist = 1.0
>>
>> coulombtype = pme
>>
>> rcoulomb = 1.0