[gmx-users] Error Message when installing GROMACS.

a a patd_2 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 9 12:58:32 CET 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am trying to install the GROMACS to my new workstation.  As my old one is not belong to me, I cannot install VMD to it.  Please kindly help to instruct if I did anything wrong here.  Many thanks.
Follow the steps in http://www.cems.uvm.edu/~smanchu/gromacs_installation.html, I have done the installation fftw-3.0.1 at my "/Catherine/Gromacs/fftw-3.0.1" directory.
Follow the steps in http://fertoledo.wordpress.com/2012/01/17/how-to-calculate-cosine-content-in-amber/, i.e. [wget ftp://ftp.gromacs.org/pub/gromacs/gromacs-4.5.4.tar.gz], I have downloaded the gromacs to my Catherine/Gromacs/ folder.
Follow the steps in http://www.gromacs.org/Downloads/Installation_Instructions, I have start installing the GROMACS.
> tar  -xzvf  gromacs-4.5.4.tar.gz
> cd gromacs-4-5-4> make clean> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/gromacs --program-suffix=""> make> make install
However, when I do make clean, following error message appear.make: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.When I continously doing the make after ./configure step, I found the following error message:make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.Could you please kindly instruct if I have done any things stupidly wrong?  Following is the log file for the configure.log, please kindly help.Catherine