[gmx-users] Generation of the Distance Restraints

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Mon Mar 12 15:45:26 CET 2012

On 13/03/2012 1:13 AM, James Starlight wrote:
> Francesca,
>
> Yes I suppose this is good aproach for the generation of position
> restricktions on the desired atoms. But I want to restrain the
> distance between selected pairs of atoms ( e.g between C-alpha-
> C-alpha atoms of two different residues).

The help for genrestr -disre says that this is exactly what it does...
use an index group to make distance restraints.

> Also I want to restrain some dihedral angles in the desired rotameric
> forms.
>
> In literature I've found that peple have dome the same things in
> Gromacs but I could not find detailed algorithm of such methodology :(

There can't be a walk-through of everything anybody might ever do,
unfortunately. Manual chapter 4 talks about the functional forms
available. There's a table in section 5.5 that describes how to
construct the line of a [ moleculetype ] section. That's all you need to
know if have a general understanding of how the .top file works
(elsewhere in chapter 5).

Mark