[gmx-users] Importance of -rcon and -dd options when using mdrun with mpi.

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Wed Mar 14 13:21:34 CET 2012

On 14/03/2012 9:54 PM, PAVAN PAYGHAN wrote:

> Dear Gromacs Users,
>
> I am running mdrun on single node with 8 CPU and getting following error
>
> Fatal error:-
>
> D D cell  1 0 0 could only obtain 1520 of the 1521 atoms that are
> connected via constraints from the neighbouring cells.
>
> This probably means your constraint length are too long compared to
> the domain decomposition cell size.
>
> Decrease the number of domain decomposition grid cells or lincs order.

The .log file has a detailed analysis of how DD is setting things up.
You need to make sure that this output is sensible for your system.

You should also desist from using P-R pressure coupling during
equilibration (i.e. with velocity generation), as warned in the manual
section on pressure coupling. Perhaps your system is blowing up.

Mark