[gmx-users] g_sas

afsaneh maleki maleki.afsaneh at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 09:47:49 CET 2012

Hi,

Thanks dear Justin for useful reply,

I have a system that is contained of protein-water-ions. I want to
calculate residue SAS of protein. In the first way, I select a group
consisting protein for calculation, and then this protein for output.
At the second way, I select the whole system first for calculation,
and then protein for output. The SAS_calculations of residue protein
are different in two ways.
I have two questions.

Q1- Why results are different in two ways?
Q2-Can anyone demonstrates clearly how residue SAS of protein
calculate in two ways?
Q3- what property or quantity do I can get from The SAS_calculations
of residue protein in two ways?

Best wishes,
Afsaneh