[gmx-users] Gromacs installation question: Where is my Gromacs?

bestenborstel bestenborstel at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 20:19:35 CET 2012

Dear all,
I tried to install today Gromacs.
I downloaded gromacs 4.5.5, Cuda, FFTW3.
Installation of FFTW3 and Cuda went fine so far.
I managed to execute

sudo ./configure (in the gromacs untar folder).
sudo make
sudo make install

make links did not work and I cannot find gromcas. There is no folder /usr/local/gromacs. I am a bit puzzled as I did install it.

I am on MacOSx 10.6.7 and I used Terminal bash during the installation process.

What can I do now to get Gromacs installed and running, please?

Thank you.
Kind regards
Gudrun