Fw: [gmx-users] number of coordinates in coordinate file does not match topology

Acoot Brett acootbrett at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 06:39:35 CET 2012

Dear All,

The problem really occurs in the ion addition step.

In order to keep 0.1 M ion concentration, 20 Na+ and 20 C1- were added. In order to keep 0 charge, 8 Cl- were added.

From the .gro file, 48 water (72 H and 48 O) were deleted in order to add the 38 charges, which makes there was a 96 atom reduction.

For the top file, we modify it in the following way, 48 SOLs were deleted, 20 Na+ were added, and 28 Cl- added.

In the above manner, however, it indicated the " number of coordinates in coordinate file (1LW9-EM-solvated.gro, 32748) does not match topology (1LW9.top)".

Thus how do we modify the .gro file and the .top file so that the number of coordinated will be equal between them?

Cheers,

Acoot