[gmx-users] on "tcoupl= V-rescale"

Acoot Brett acootbrett at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 10:13:13 CET 2012

Dear All,

I am using the GROMACS 3.3.3 to practice the lysozyme tutorial of Justin Lemkul http://www.bevanlab.biochem.vt.edu/Pages/Personal/justin/gmx-tutorials/lysozyme/index.html.

For each .mdp used in the tutorial, there is "tcoupl		= V-rescale".

However if we do not change the value of tcoupl in any .mdp related step, it always fails, and it suggest "ERROR: invalid enum 'V-rescale' for variable tcoupl, using 'No'. Next time use one of: 'No' 'Berendsen' 'Nose-Hoover' 'yes' 'Andersen' 'Andersen-interval'".

When I change the tcoupl=no, it always works.

Will you please tell me in which situation use 'No' 'Berendsen' 'Nose-Hoover' 'yes' 'Andersen' 'Andersen-interval'" separately.

I am looking forward to getting your reply.

Cheers,

Acoot