[gmx-users] Incorrect number of parameters - found 2, expected 5 or 5 for LJC-14 q

Biswajit Gorai biswajit.ju at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 11:30:29 CET 2012

Dear GROMACS users,

I am beginner to GROMACS. I want to simulate my protein in different
concentrations of Guanidinium Chloride solution and collected the files (3M
& 5M box and .itp file) from
http://www.gromacs.org/Downloads/User_contributions/Molecule_topologies.
Then I build a topology file 'topol.top' (to minimize the box further) as

; Include forcefield parameters
#include "gromos43a1.ff/forcefield.itp"

#include "gnd.itp"

; Include water topology
#include "gromos43a1.ff/spc.itp"

#ifdef POSRES_WATER
; Position restraint for each water oxygen
[ position_restraints ]
;  i funct       fcx        fcy        fcz
   1    1      1000       1000       1000
#endif

; Include topology for ions
#include "gromos43a1.ff/ions.itp"

[ system ]
; Name
Gdm 3M

[ molecules ]
; Compound        #mols
GND 19
SOL             269
CL-             19

Then I execute the command
$ grompp -f minim.mdp -c gnd3M.gro -p topol.top -o em.tpr

But I got the following error

Program grompp, VERSION 4.5.5
Source code file: toppush.c, line: 1631

Fatal error:
Incorrect number of parameters - found 2, expected 5 or 5 for LJC-14 q.

Is there something wrong with the .itp file (given) or I am doing any
mistake?

Thanking you.

Greetings
Biswajit