[gmx-users] Re: Neigborsearching, Electrostatics and vdw options

ahmet yıldırım ahmedo047 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 12:06:22 CET 2012

Hi,

*quote from a paper: A twin range cut-off for van der Waals (0.9/1.4 nm)
and a smooth particle mesh Ewald algorithm for Coulomb interactions
(switching distance of 0.9 nm) were used.*

i.e.this means:

; NEIGHBORSEARCHING PARAMETERS
rlist                     = 0.9

; OPTIONS FOR ELECTROSTATICS AND VDW
coulombtype           = PME
rcoulomb                 = 0.9
vdw-type                 = Cut-off
rvdw                       = 1.4

Am I wrong?
A twin range cut-off for van der Waals (0.9/1.4 nm) means rlist/rvdw. isnt
it?*
*
Thanks in advance*

*