[gmx-users] Re: How to add dihedral information from the GAFF topology

bipin singh bipinelmat at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 15:05:50 CEST 2012

Thanks for your reply.
But as far as I understood, in order to use these GAFF topology (for
e.g. to perform simulation using these topologies) with Gromacs we
have to incorporate the information from these topologies to the
existing Amber forcefields in Gromacs or Is there anyway (Possibility
of using Standalone GAFF parameters in Gromacs) to do it without
performing this task.

As you said these topologies are self supporting and we do not need to
change ffbonded.itp, but during grompp I got the following error, may
be because I have not added the dihedral information.

ERROR [file oct.top]:
  No default Proper Dih. types

Please provide your suggestions.