[gmx-users] Segmentation Fault using g_cluster

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Wed Mar 28 09:48:03 CEST 2012

On 28/03/2012 2:14 PM, Davide Mercadante wrote:
> Thank you for the prompt reply.! Indeed, I am using Gromacs version
> 4.5.5 compiled in double-precision and I am running the analysis on a
> MacBook PRO.
>
> I tried to open an issue at http://redmine/gromacs.org but it asks me
> for login name and passwd which I don't think I have as I never
> subscribed as developer. I may be wrong though..do I need to register?

Yes, just sign up. We need to be able to contact you to let you know the
solution or get more information, so anonymous bug submission is not
very useful.

> I suppose that if this is not an explainable issue at the moment there
> is no solution to it?

The problem with plain segfaulting is that there's no way to tell what
caused the problem. GROMACS tries hard not to do this, but clearly it's
not perfect. There may be a code bug. There may be a way for you to use
the code better. We just don't know yet. There's certainly room to
improve the code.

Mark