[gmx-users] Position restraints problem

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Wed Mar 28 13:49:08 CEST 2012

On 28/03/2012 7:39 PM, Jernej Zidar wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 16:17,<gmx-users-request at gromacs.org>  wrote:
>> See the warning in genrestr -h.
>>
>> If all you're doing is adding a single atom of position restraint per
>> moleculetype, you can do that by hand faster than using make_ndx and
>> genrestr and adding the #include.
>>
>> Mark
> This in turn means genrestr is useless if one has more than one
> molecule type. While I could set the restraints manually,
> doing it by hand is not really an option if one has more than 100
> entries. Ah well, bash magic to the rescue.

It's pretty rare to have more than a handful of [moleculetype] sections,
each of which would want customized [position_restraints]. pdb2gmx will
write all-heavy-atom [position_restraints] sections which serve most
purposes. It would not be hard to modify genrestr to be useful in the
general case, but until a developer needs it badly enough, it'll be a
low priority :-)

Mark