[gmx-users] about g_mindist....

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Thu Mar 29 17:55:00 CEST 2012

On 30/03/2012 12:40 AM, rama david wrote:
> Hi mark ..
> thank you for your suggestion..
> My command line is g_mindist  -f  ..xtc -s ..tpr -od minimal.xvg  -pi
>   protein group contain information about the 284 atom (i.e. All
> protein atoms)

So clearly some part of some molecule is protruding across periodic
boundaries, since the nearest distance between any periodic image of any
atom to any original atom is so small. Since your initial structure
isn't in the square arrangement you think it is in, I suggest you go
back and set up your system better.

Mark