[gmx-users] About desired Spacing in Distance.pl script

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Mar 29 19:47:11 CEST 2012

vidhya sankar wrote:
> Dear justin Thank you for your at once reply
>
>                                                    I have successfully
> use the Distance.pl I got output. .But in Distance.pl script i have not
> represented the Any  Desired spacing (0.3nm) . Should i Represent? . If
> i need to represent Where Should i represent in Distance .pl script file?

I'm not sure what exactly you're asking.  The distance.pl script simply parses
the g_dist output files to produce a summary that you can inspect to identify
the coordinate files that can be used later for umbrella sampling.  You decide
what spacing you need, and by simply reading through the summary_distances.dat
file, you identify which coordinate files to use.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee