[gmx-users] DNA podophyllotoxin

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Mar 30 18:15:24 CEST 2012

Hovakim Grabski wrote:
> Dear Gromacs users,
> I set up a simulation between the  DNA fragment and 6 podophyllotoxin
> molecules,  the topology files were generated with acpype,  simulation time
> was 2.8 nanoseconds, but the results are not what I expected. 4

What were you expecting?  Simulations are often surprising ;)  Also realize that
2.8 ns is an extremely short simulation.  I'm not suggesting that you
necessarily blindly run several hundred ns, but time frame may be an important
consideration.

> molecules of PTOX formed an aggregate and then formed hydrogen bonds
> with the end of the DNA molecule. Could this happen because of the
> topology file?

Almost certainly, but that's true of everything in a simulation.  The force
field (and thus the topology, which is part of the force field) governs
everything in the simulation.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar