[gmx-users] large scale simulation?

Szilárd Páll szilard.pall at cbr.su.se
Sat Mar 31 03:56:03 CEST 2012

On a single quad 16-core Interlagos node with system size 34k atoms I
get 55-60 ns/day and even with 24k atoms ~70 ns/day (solvated protein
amber99 + tip3p) . On three of these nodes I think you can get close
to 100 ns/day, but it will be close to the scaling limit.

Have you considered vsites with larger timesteps?

Additionally, the new cut-off scheme which will come in 4.6 you can
get better scaling due to the more even nonbonded workload.

--
Szilárd