[gmx-users] Re: Re,I have a problem with my biphasic system

Ali Alizadeh ali.alizadehmojarad at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 16:48:06 CET 2012

Dear Justin

I wanted to check that Did i simulate?

I said if i multiplied average number density(from each part of
profile) to volume and summation of them was nearly number of

my total number of particle, i can say my simulation is correct, I did
it but result completely conflicted with my total number,(three or
four time my particles)!

In your opinion, my idea is correct?

  Sincerely

On 11/2/12 6:46 AM, Ali Alizadeh wrote:
> Dear Justin
>
> Thank you for reply;
>
> I'm reproducing this paper that related to this topic,
>
> dx.doi.org/10.1088/0953-4075/42/3/035302
>
> It's title : A molecular dynamic study of water/methane/propane

I only had time to quickly look at this paper, but it is clear to me that the
authors do not necessarily report methane partitioning into water from the
external layers, rather their starting configuration has methane embedded in the
water layer to begin with.  Their simulations lasted for 105 ns in the ternary
system, though their data analysis of partial densities only includes data up to
40 ns, which I find a bit curious.

-Justin

--
Sincerely