[gmx-users] GPU warnings

Albert mailmd2011 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 10:55:01 CET 2012

hello:

  I am running Gromacs 4.6 GPU on a workstation with two GTX 660 Ti (2 x
1344 CUDA cores), and I got the following warnings:

thank you very much.

---------------------------messages-----------------------------------

WARNING: On node 0: oversubscribing the available 0 logical CPU cores
per node with 2 MPI processes.
          This will cause considerable performance loss!

2 GPUs detected on host boreas:
   #0: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti, compute cap.: 3.0, ECC:  no, stat:
compatible
   #1: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti, compute cap.: 3.0, ECC:  no, stat:
compatible

2 GPUs auto-selected to be used for this run: #0, #1

Using CUDA 8x8x8 non-bonded kernels
Making 1D domain decomposition 1 x 2 x 1

* WARNING * WARNING * WARNING * WARNING * WARNING * WARNING *
We have just committed the new CPU detection code in this branch,
and will commit new SSE/AVX kernels in a few days. However, this
means that currently only the NxN kernels are accelerated!
In the mean time, you might want to avoid production runs in 4.6.