[gmx-users] Simulation of charged systems (2)

Felipe Pineda, PhD luis.pinedadecastro at lnu.se
Tue Nov 6 09:27:34 CET 2012

Hi,

thanks to Justin for the pointer to the list archive I searched before
with "net charge", but without getting useful results. For the sake of
clarity, I am not referring to the "neutralizing plasma" or neutralizing
background charge used implicitly with PME, but to an additional
net-charge correction implemented for example in CHARMM to avoid, at
least partly, the artifacts produced by that neutralizing background
charge in net-charged systems, which are sometimes unavoidable (s., eg.,
Bogusz S, Cheatham TE, Brooks BR. Removal of pressure and free energy
artifacts in charged periodic systems via net charge corrections to the
ewald potential. Journal of Chemical Physics. 1998;108(17):7070-84.
<http://jcp.aip.org/jcpsa6/v108/i17/p7070_s1>).

Felipe