[gmx-users] Running Gromacs in Clusters

Erik Marklund erikm at xray.bmc.uu.se
Wed Nov 7 18:32:41 CET 2012

Hi,

I looked at one of my old pbs jobs and noted that the following line works for me:
#PBS -l nodes=X:ppn=Y
where X is the number of nodes and ppn is the number of cores per node. Perhaps your batch system uses a different "dialect".

What errors do you get when you aim for more than one node?

Furthermore, are you using virtual sites and constraints for your simulations? If not then you might be able to increase your simulation speed manifold.

Erik