[gmx-users] constraining multiple types of bonds

tarak karmakar tarak20489 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 05:36:17 CET 2012

Thanks Justin
As you see in the .mdp file I have used SHAKE. So if I want to fix
some C-C or C-O then what algorithm I have to use ?

In my topology file I have specified following bonds to be
constrained. The first two are covalent and the last one is M-L
non-covalent bond.

[ constraints ]
;  index1  index2   funct          length(nm)
    6062   6063       1        0.11490000000
    6062   6064       1        0.11490000000
    6060   4309       1        0.21000000000
Now while implementing SHAKE it is showing

Program mdrun, VERSION 4.5.5
Source code file: invblock.c, line: 79

Fatal error:
Double entries in block structure. Item 5247 is in blocks 1371 and 1370
  Cannot make an unambiguous inverse block.

Please suggest me the exact protocol.
Thanks

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 2:18 AM, Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:

> On 11/8/12 1:07 PM, tarak karmakar wrote:
>>
>> Dear All,
>>

>> In my system I need to fix three types of bonds
>>
>> 1) Metal-Ligand distance at a particular value given in PDB ( not
>> covalent)
>

> These require a merged [moleculetype] and are best implemented using simple
> harmonic interactions (bond type 6) or distance restraints.
>

>> 2) I need to fix some of the bond lengths (covalent) for the substrate
>> molecule.
>

> Some, but not all?  That doesn't make sense to me.
>

>> 3) Lastly the covalent H-bonds ( C-H, N-H, O-H etc.)
>>

> These are created using the .mdp settings shown below.
>
> -Justin
>

>> My input .mdp file is given below
>>
>> ; 7.3.3 Run Control
>> integrator              = md-vv                 ; md integrator
>> tinit                   = 0                         ; [ps] starting time
>> for run
>> dt                      = 0.001                 ; [ps] time step for
>> integration
>> nsteps                  = 5000000               ; maximum number of
>> steps to integrate, 0.001 * 20,00,000 = 2 ns
>> nstcomm                 = 1                     ; [steps] frequency of
>> mass motion removal
>> comm_grps               = Protein Non-Protein   ; group(s) for center
>> of mass motion removal
>>
>> ; 7.3.8 Output Control
>> nstxout                 = 5000                 ; [steps] freq to write
>> coordinates to trajectory
>> nstvout                 = 5000                 ; [steps] freq to write
>> velocities to trajectory
>> nstfout                 = 5000                 ; [steps] freq to write
>> forces to trajectory
>> nstlog                  = 1000                 ; [steps] freq to write
>> energies to log file
>> nstenergy               = 1000                 ; [steps] freq to write
>> energies to energy file
>> nstxtcout               = 1000                 ; [steps] freq to write
>> coordinates to xtc trajectory
>> xtc_precision           = 1000                 ; [real] precision to
>> write xtc trajectory
>> xtc_grps                = System                ; group(s) to write to
>> xtc trajectory
>> energygrps              = System                ; group(s) to write to
>> energy file
>>
>> ; 7.3.9 Neighbor Searching
>> nstlist                 = 1                     ; [steps] freq to
>> update neighbor list
>> ns_type                 = grid                  ; method of updating
>> neighbor list
>> pbc                     = xyz                   ; periodic boundary
>> conditions in all directions
>> rlist                   = 1.2                   ; [nm] cut-off
>> distance for the short-range neighbor list
>>
>> nsttcouple              = 1
>> nstpcouple              = 1
>>
>> ; 7.3.10 Electrostatics
> [...]

Tarak