[gmx-users] how to restart a stopped simulation

ananyachatterjee ananyachatterjee at iiserkol.ac.in
Mon Nov 12 07:24:54 CET 2012

 Hi all,

 I have restarted my simulation stopped due to power failure by using
 the command:

 mdrun -s md.tpr -cpi state.cpt -append

  And now I am getting the following error:

 Program mdrun, VERSION 4.0.7
 Source code file: ../../../../src/gmxlib/checkpoint.c, line: 547

 Fatal error:
 The checkpoint file is empty/corrupted, or maybe you are out of quota?

 can any one help in this regards.

 I have two .cpt files one state.cpt (0 bytes) and another
 state_prev.cpt file(5.4 MB). Should I have to use state_prev.cpt file to
 restart the simulation?

--
 Ananya Chatterjee,
 Senior Research Fellow (SRF),