[gmx-users] Re: Umbrella sampling question

Christopher Neale chris.neale at mail.utoronto.ca
Wed Nov 14 16:19:03 CET 2012

What you reported is not what you did. It appears that grompp, gtraj, and g_dist report the same value.
Please also report the value that you get from your pullx.xvg file that you get from mdrun, which I suspect
will also be the same.

The difference that you report is actually between the first FRAME of your trajectory from g_dist
and the first LINE of the file from the g_wham output. I see no reason to assume that the values in the
output of g_wham must be time-ordered. Also, I have never used g_wham myself (I use an external program
to do wham) and so I can not say if you are using it correctly.

My overall conclusion is that you need to investigate g_wham output not worry about a new run at this stage.

Regarding pull_pbcatom0, there is lots of information on the mailing list about this. It is a global atom number
that defines the unit cell for selection of which periodic image of each molecule will be used for the pulling.
If all of your box dimensions are >> 2*1.08 nm, then pull_pbcatom0 will not affect your results.

Chris.