[gmx-users] Dihedral form

Laura Leay laura.leay at postgrad.manchester.ac.uk
Thu Nov 15 15:41:53 CET 2012

Thanks Eric,

Just to clarify (I hope this notation is in fact clear):

 E=0.5k [ 1 - cos( n*phi - n*phi_o +180 ) ]  = 0.5k [ 1 + cos(n*phi - n*phi_o)]
        ^ this whole equation is Dreiding             ^this whole equation is Dreiding converted to the form in Gromacs

This would mean that:
   0.5k in Dreiding = k in Gromacs
   n in Dreiding = n in Gromacs
   n*phi_o +180 in Dreiding (original form) is phi_s in the Gromacs notation from the original post

I hope this makes sense!

Laura