[gmx-users] Force vs distance plot in pulling simulation?

Thomas Schlesier schlesi at uni-mainz.de
Sun Nov 18 14:34:36 CET 2012

But be aware that the force depends on the pulling velocity. If you
perform the simulation with two different pulling velocities you'll get
two different forces for each distance.
The easiest way to get the force as a function of the distance (without
the bias of the pulling velocity) would be thermodynamik intergration.
This is similar to the umbrella sampling. You set up some windows with
different distances. But instead of restraining the distance with an
umbrella potential (as in umbrella sampling) you use a constraint to fix
the distance and than can determine the constraint force.

Greetings
Thomas