[gmx-users] Re: Strange form of RDF curve

shch406 shch406 at bpci.kiev.ua
Mon Nov 19 17:50:34 CET 2012

>I would have chosen the groups in the opposite manner.  You're interested in
the
>presence of water around the chosen arginine residue, not the presence of
>arginine around water, right?  Given this order of chosen groups, the RDF
seems
>to make sense (very low probability that arginine is close to all water
>molecules), though it doesn't represent what you likely want.

>-Justin

Of coarse, I'm interested in the presence of water around the arginine.
But I did reverse order of groups, i.e. I toke water as the "1 group" and
arginine sige
chain tip as the "reference group", however have obtained absolutely the
same curve.
May be there exist some peculiarity in using g_rdf dialog to select groups?

-Igor