[gmx-users] Re: Strange form of RDF curve

André Farias de Moura moura at ufscar.br
Tue Nov 20 04:04:40 CET 2012

from the statistical thermodynamics standpoint, rdf must be the same for
both choices of reference group, i.e.,solute-solvent and solvent-solute
must yield exactly the same rdf, the only difference being expected for the
cumulative numbers, which depend on the particles number density. The
reason why rdf's must be the same is the fact that rdf are connected to the
pmf between the particles, and the pmf do not depend upon the choice of
reference group, just on the reaction coordinate connecting the groups.

cheers

Andre