[gmx-users] how to repeat simulation correctly?

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 12:41:17 CET 2012

If a simulation ensemble doesn't converge reliably over a given time scale,
then it's not converged over that time scale. Repeating it from different
starting conditions still adds valuable statistics, but can't be a
replicate. Independent replicated observations of the same phenomenon allow
you to assess how likely it is that your set of observations reflect the
underlying phenomenon. The problem in sampling-dependent MD is usually in
making an observation (equating a converged simulation with an observation).

Mark