[gmx-users] Re,i don't know how can i determine emtol

Ivan Gladich ivan.gladich at marge.uochb.cas.cz
Wed Nov 21 14:17:11 CET 2012

On 11/21/2012 11:41 AM, Ali Alizadeh wrote:
> Dear Ivan
>
> Thank you for your reply,
Dear Ali
please keep the discussion open to everybody...
In this way you will be sure that someone else  will read and interact
with us, correcting me if I say something wrong to you..;-)
> 1- In your opinion, Can i simulate that system?
In my (humble) opinion:

1)Of course you can simulate that system...however  I doubt that,
without starting from the exact initial configuration with the exactly
same set-up, you can get the same results (i.e. see the nucleation).
The onset of ice nucleation is a random process and requires very long
simulation (the paper that you posted was analysing micro-second
trajectories!!).
There is the risk that you could try several different initial
configurations at several temperature without getting anything.
  However, read carefully that paper, I do not remember all the details.

If you are interested in ice crystal growth, I would suggest to start
with an initial water/ice system: at temperature below the melting one
you will see formation of new ice starting from the initial ice matrix.
There are several works in literature on this.
> 2- How can i use rigid TIP4P model of water?
2)  I would rather use other water model that have been explicitly
tested  for Ice

(e.g. TIP4P/2005, TIP4P/Ice, TIP5P-Ew, NE6)

Best
Ivan

--
------