[gmx-users] strange lincs warning with version 4.6

Szilárd Páll szilard.pall at cbr.su.se
Fri Nov 23 20:29:45 CET 2012

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 9:40 AM, sebastian <
sebastian.waltz at physik.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:

> Dear GROMCS user,
>
> I installed the git gromacs VERSION 4.6-dev-20121117-7a330e6-dirty on my
> local desktop

Watch out, the dirty version suffix means you have changed something in the
source.

> (2*GTX 670 + i7) and everything works as smooth as possible. The outcomes
> are very reasonable and match the outcome of the 4.5.5 version without GPU
> acceleration. On our

What does "outcome" mean? If that means performance, than something is
wrong, you should see a considerable performance increase (PME, non-bonded,
bondeds have all gotten a lot faster).

> cluster (M2090+2*Xeon X5650) I installed the  VERSION
> 4.6-dev-20121120-0290409. Using the same .tpr file used for runs with my
> desktop I get lincs warnings that the watermolecules can't be settled.

The group kernels have not "stabilized" yet and there have been some fixes
lately. Could you please the latest version and check again.

Additionally, you could try running our regression tests suite (
git.gromacs.org/regressiontests) to see if at least the tests pass with the
binaries you compiled.

Cheers,
--
Szilárd