[gmx-users] Principal Component Analysis (PCA)

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 20:57:45 CET 2012

Hi,

The eigenvectors are dependent on the orientation of the conformations,
which you fix prior to PCA by fitting the structures to a reference. If you
want to project another simulation onto a set of eigenvectors you already
have, you have to fit it to the same reference structure, using the same
procedure (e.g. mass-weighted or not).

Hope it helps,

Tsjerk