[gmx-users] where is the script?

Albert mailmd2011 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 15:10:48 CET 2012

On 11/26/2012 02:36 PM, David van der Spoel wrote:
> It's posted on the website.
>
> http://www.gromacs.org/Downloads/User_contributions/Other_software
> You want this one:    charmm2gromacs-pvm.py
>
> --

thanks a lot for kind reply.

But how to use it? I am trying to run with command:

python charmm2gromacs-pvm.py charmm.rtf

but it said:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "charmm2gromacs-pvm.py", line 33, in <module>
     parFile = open(sys.argv[2], 'r')
IndexError: list index out of range

I open the script, it said:

inparameters:
             command line parameters:
             1            charmm topology file
             2            corresponding charmm parameter file
             3    opt        foldername, default cgenff.ff

outfiles:
             1            foldername/atomtypes.atp
             2            foldername/forcefield.itp
             3            foldername/forcefield.doc
             4            foldername/aminoacids.rtp
             5            foldername/ffbonded.itp
             6            foldername/ffnonbonded.itp
             7            foldername/forcefield.r2b
             8    opt        foldername/lipids.rtp    (if '!lipid
section' statement in CHARMM top file)
             9    opt        foldername/cmap.itp        (if genCMAP = True)
"""

It seems that the input file is a folder instead of a single file? I
generate my ligand topology from the CGenFF website and I only get a
.rst file....

THX