[gmx-users] ERROR 1: atom C4 (Res ORP-1) has mass 0

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Nov 26 15:39:16 CET 2012

On 11/26/12 9:35 AM, Venkat Reddy wrote:
> Dear Justin,
> One more doubt. I am using Gromos 53A6 ff. Can I use Prodrg to generate
> topology for my ligand? Because, I guess, prodrg uses Gromos 43A1. Can I
> mix 53A6 and 43A1?

PRODRG doesn't even do a very good job of being compatible with 43A1, so if you
re-derive the charges correctly, the result is compatible with 53A6.  PRODRG
basically just uses 43A1 atom types, the names of which are largely the same in
53A6, even if the parameters are slightly different, and thus I view PRODRG as a
method to create generic Gromos96 topologies, given that the user has to do a
fair amount of work to create a usable topology anyway.

-Justin