[gmx-users] How to avoid adding ions close to ligand

Yun Shi yunshi09 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 03:25:47 CET 2012

I did hope the ions will move out eventually.

But after my ~70ns of conventional MD (with duplicate MD runs and the
protein as a dimer with identical sequence), they were still there in
the binding site.

So I assume it would be much better to start without any salt ions
beside my ligand.

Could anyone suggest a way around this?

Thanks,
Yun