[gmx-users] g_select error

Albert mailmd2011 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 15:18:32 CET 2012

hello Justin:

   thanks for kind tips.
   I've tried both methods:

g_select -f md.xtc -s npt3.pdb -os size.xvg -sf selection.dat

g_select -f md.xtc -s npt3.pdb -os size.xvg -select 'resname SOL and
name OW within 0.6 of resid 114'

but they all failed with messages:

--------------------log--------------------

WARNING: masses and atomic (Van der Waals) radii will be determined
          based on residue and atom names. These numbers can deviate
          from the correct mass and radius of the atom type.

selection parser: syntax error
selection parser: invalid selection 'resname SOL and name OW within 0.6
of resid 114'

Program g_select, VERSION 4.5.5
Source code file: trajana.c, line: 1310

Input error or input inconsistency: