[gmx-users] mixed single-precision GPU and double-precision CPU calculation

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 30 11:56:42 CET 2012

Hi,

As the new Verlet cut-off scheme, also used on the GPU, uses separate non-bonded
coordinate and force buffers, implementing this will require very little code changes.
All real variables in the nbnxn_atomdata_t data structure and in all code operating
on them should be replaced by floats. We might implement this, but currently we are
far too busy with other things.

Cheers,

Berk