[gmx-users] Error with "grompp"

Elie M elie.moujaes at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Oct 2 05:39:02 CEST 2012

I am a bit confused..I am getting different errors though similar in goal. The error this time is:
"Fatal error:Syntax error - File S54.top, line 17Last line read:'[ atoms ]'Invalid order for directive atoms"Let me tell you what I did again: I have another n2t file ( fftoplsaamod.n2t) which was used to successfully produce the .top file. Now since using grompp requires the presence of  an "ffoplsaamod.itp", i just copied the original ffoplsaa.itp and renamed it and instead of it calling the two itp files :" ffoplsaanb.itp" and ""ffoplsaabon.itp", I have included these two files (in the order they should be) in the ffoplsaamod.itp file. What I am confised about is that the top file has atoms, bonds, pairs,......whilst the .itp file has atomtypes, bondtypes....why is that? what should be done to circumvent the error? shall all atomtypes in the itp be called atoms and bondtypes bonds to match that .top file or what? and which file should be in the same order of which?

Thanks
Elie