[gmx-users] Coordinate file for lipid bilayer

James Starlight jmsstarlight at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 20:16:21 CEST 2012

Dear all!

Recently I've forced with the same problem as was in this topic :)

I have tieleman's lipids consisted of 128 dppc with water.
also I have system with the protein inserted in the same bilayer

I wounder to know

1- How I could change lipid number in the pure lipid bilayer (
increase up to 200 lipids) with standard Gromacs tools ?

I've tried use
genbox -cs dppc128_whole.gro -box 8.04542  8.04542  10.19156

where 8.045 in x and y was higher than in the case of initial bilayer ( 6.045)
As the consequence that prodyce larger system with increased amount of
water in upper and lower layers but the lipid number was the same.

2- Is there any way to increase lipid number ( to add lipids from each
size of the system) in the bilayer with the inserted protein ?

Thanks for help,

James