[gmx-users] energy comparison

Edward Deira edward.deira at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 20:45:32 CEST 2012

not that off-base, actually. one of my aims is to compare two different
proteins with the same ligand and try to figure out which system is
energetically more favourable without having to go through qm/mm. so i
suppose the proper way would be estimating the "absolute" free energy of
the system.

can i do that with gromacs ? i know that computing deltaG is ***trivial***
(not the best word,i know), but what about "absolute" values?